How to make quick and easy campfire biscuits, using a Dutch oven or pie iron, on the grill or over a campfire. Simple Bisquick recipe for deliciously fluffy drop biscuits.
↓↓↓↓↓ CAMPFIRE BISCUITS RECIPE BELOW ↓↓↓↓↓
PRINTABLE RECIPE: ️ https://adventuresofmel.com/easy-bisquick-campfire-drop-biscuits/ ️
3 cups biscuit mix (Bisquick or any brand)
1 cup whole milk
1. Mix the biscuit mix* together with the milk in a mixing bowl.
2. You can knead the biscuit dough in the bowl just a bit; then drop each biscuit into place on a well greased tin foil pie plate.
3. If you’re mixing the biscuits ahead of time and waiting until later to cook them, you can cover them with plastic wrap, and then place the whole pie plate down in a plastic gallon bag, seal it, and place it in your cooler.
Dutch Oven Recipe Instructions:
1. When you’re ready to bake the biscuits, you can make a sling with aluminum foil.
2. Place your uncovered foil pie plate down into the Dutch oven using your sling. We like to put a few jar rings in the bottom of our Dutch oven, so our pie plate isn’t sitting directly on the bottom of the Dutch oven.
3. If you’re using a grill, place the Dutch oven on the grill above the coals.
4. If you’re baking them over a campfire, I suggest using a tripod, so that your Dutch oven can sit up off the fire, and the bottoms of your biscuits won’t burn.
5. Let the biscuits cook over the campfire or on the grill for probably 15 to 20 minutes. Just check them frequently to make sure they don’t burn.
Pie Iron Recipe Instructions:
1. For a pie iron recipe, spray the inside of your pie iron with cooking spray.
2. Place 2 or more drop biscuits inside, close it up, and hold it over the grill or fire.
3. Cook the biscuits for around 15 to 20 minutes. Just check them frequently to make sure they don’t burn.
New Recipe or Outdoor Video often, so be sure to SUBSCRIBE!
SUBSCRIBE to our NEWSLETTER: https://landing.mailerlite.com/webforms/landing/h8d4w3
We use affiliate links, which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
FAVORITE TOOLS and EQUIPMENT:
Large Mixing Bowl: https://amzn.to/2Abjv4C
Foil Pie Plate: https://amzn.to/2LxkkIY
Dutch Oven: https://amzn.to/2ZlUHAt
Pie Iron: https://amzn.to/2LBXIXC
Charcoal Grill: https://amzn.to/3hdklgM
Campfire Tripod: https://amzn.to/32a8mw9
View Source here.